Dear Parents and Guardians,
In his message this afternoon, Governor Mike DeWine issued an order closing all school districts for a period of three (3) weeks, beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020. That three-week period will end on Monday, April 6, 2020. During this period our district will continue to provide instruction, and teachers will have regular scheduled office hours during which students and/or parents may contact them with questions. These hours will be communicated to you by each individual teacher. It will be important for your child(ren) to come to school on Monday, March 16, 2020 so that he or she can receive materials and instruction for the weeks that school is closed.
Spring break for Vermilion Schools will continue to be observed during the week of April 5 through April 12, as originally scheduled. No instruction will take place during that week.
Should the closure be extended by the Governor beyond April 12, we will contact parents and student with instructions as to how coursework will continue to be provided.
During the break period, we will continue to enforce the following restrictions:
1. Parents and others will not be permitted to visit our schools
2. All assemblies will be cancelled or postponed to another date
3. Teachers will not participate in or attend off-site professional development events
4. There will be no student and/or teacher led field trips
5. All planned banquets are cancelled
6. All indoor and outdoor athletic and other group activities, including practices, are cancelled
7. Outside groups will not be permitted to use our facilities
As new information and breaking news about the virus outbreak is provided to us by various agencies, we will communicate updates to you as quickly as possible. Please watch for these updates on our website and Facebook pages. If you have questions at any time, please contact us.
Philip M. Pempin, Superintendent
A Printed copy of this message is available