Applications for Interdistrict Open Enrollment should be submitted to the Superintendent's office of the Vermilion Local School District between March 1 and May 1 each year. Open Enrollment will be closed after May 1 each year. Applicants and the Superintendent of the home district will be notified of approval.
RULES FOR OPEN ENROLLMENT APPLICATIONS:
- Application must be submitted between March 1 and May 1. Applications received after May 1 will not be considered.
- The Application must be completely filled out and submitted with all required documentation, as indicated on the form. The Application will not be not be accepted if it is not complete or documents are missing.
- A separate application must be submitted for EACH child.
- The administration will determine the building assignment,
- Open Enrollment approvals are good for one (1) year only. Parents/Guardians must reapply annually for each student.
- The Vermilion Local Schools may deny enrollment to students who have been expelled or suspended for 10 or more consecutive days in the current term, or the immediately preceding term.
TRANSPORTTION: Transportation shall be the sole responsibiity of the parent of the open enrolled student, except that the student may avail himself/herself of existing routes and pick-up points, providing that adequate space is available on