PRESCHOOL AND KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
FOR 2021-2022 IS NOW OPEN
Children must be 5 years old by September 30 to enroll in Kindergarten.
PARENTS / GUARDIANS MUST COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES
- YOU MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT and come at your scheduled time.
- ONLY ONE (1) PARENT OR GUARDIAN will be admitted to the registration office. Exceptions may be made for specific situations. If you need help, please call 440-204-1723 to leave a message.
- LEAVE CHILDREN AT HOME. Children will not be permitted inside the building. If you bring children, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE PROVIDED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION. If you come to the office without an original birth certificate, immunization, proof of residency, applicable custody documents, or preschool registration fee you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. See below for more details about required documents.
CONTACT THE ADMINISTRATION OFFICE AT 440-204-1723 WITH QUESTIONS
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION PROCESS
Step 1: WHAT YOU WILL NEED: Address and phone numbers for all parents/guardians as well as primary contacts for the student; names and phone numbers for emergency contacts and medical doctors or dentists.
Step 2: COMPLETE ALL SECTIONS OF THE ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION. You may save your work at any time and return later, if necessary. Make sure to record your username and password for later use.
Step 3: At the end of the online pre-registration process you will be asked to schedule an appointment to finalize your child’s registration.
ALL OF THESE DOCUMENTS MUST BE PROVIDED
AT THE REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT
If documents are missing you will be asked to reschedule.
- Parent / Guardian Proof of Identity (see below for examples)
- Two (2) proofs of residency (see below for examples)
- Original birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Certified copy of the court order establishing custody or guardianship, if applicable. The document(s) must be court time/date stamped and signed by a judge or magistrate)
- Custodial Parent/Guardian proof of identity with photo
The following documents are strongly suggested, but not required:
- Current Special Education Records – IEP and MFE
- Recent Report Card, Interim Report or unofficial transcript
|Proof of Identity||Parent/Guardian must provide a passport/driver’s license or a state picture I.D. as proof of identity.|
|Proof of Residency||First item for proof of residency must be from the five items listed below:|
1. Rental Agreement (lease) signed by landlord and renter; must include landlord contact information
2. Homeowner Mortgage Statement or coupon
3. Homeowners Deed
Second item for proof of residency must be from the six items listed below:
1. Two (2) Utility bills (electric, water, gas, cable, phone)
2. Homeowners insurance statement/bill
3. Property tax bill
4. Most recent pay stub with address
5. Most recent bank statement with address
6. Letter of verification of utility service (water, gas or electric)
|Student’s Birth Certificate||Original or certified copy of birth certificate. In lieu of a birth certificate, a birth affidavit, or a passport. Please bring the original document. |
To verify guardianship or custody, the following are the only accepted documents:
- A certified, time-stamped court order indicating custody, together with any modification (3313.672.ORC) attached to the Custody Form
- A time-stamped notice of the application for appointment of guardianship from probate court (valid for 60 days) attached to the Custody Pending Form
- A certified copy of court placement orders for foster children attached to the Foster Children Form
- Property executed and notarized Grandparent Power of Attorney.
A letter from a current guardian giving temporary custody to another is NOT acceptable. Any changes or modifications in the custody orders must also be court approved. These requirements are in compliance with Section 3313.672 of Ohio Revised Code.
|Student’s Immunization Records||A copy of immunization records from the doctor’s office or health department fulfills immunization requirements for registration.|
|Student Records||Please bring a report card or interim report for grades K-7. Current class schedules for grades 8-12 with a recent report card or copy of unofficial high school transcript. |
|Special Education||If applicable, copies of the following documents should be presented: Multi-Factored Evaluation (MFE) or Evaluation Team Report (ETR); Individual Education Program (IEP); 504 Plan.|
|Certified Copy Custody / Court Order||If applicable, you must bring a certified copy of any court document establishing Custody or Guardianship from Domestic Relations Court, Probate Court, Juvenile Court, or any other Court of competent jurisdiction which has issued an order regarding the custody of the student(s) being registered.|
|Residency Affidavit||This document may be submitted to prove residency when the parent and child are residing with family members. The resident must certify that the parent and child registering for school live at the residence, and the resident must supply proof of residency (e.g. utility bills, rental agreement, etc.). For the protection of all residents it is the obligation of parents/guardians seeking to enroll a student to prove they legally and primarily reside in the Vermilion Local School District. The district will NOT enroll without adequate proof of residency. You will be required to provide a minimum of two documents, or more as necessary to fulfill the residency requirement.|