The Ohio Core Curriculum is the standard expectation for all students entering ninth grade for the first time on or after July 1, 2010. The Ohio Core graduation requirements take effect with the graduating class of 2014 and beyond.
OHIO CORE CURRICULUM – Class of 2014 and beyond
- English – 4 credits, including Eng I, Eng II, Eng III, and Eng IV
- Math – 4 credits, which must include Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II or the equivalent of Algebra II
- Science – 3 credits, which must include 1 credit of physical sciences, 1 credit of biology, and 1 credit of advanced study in one or more of the following: chemistry, physics, or other physical science; advanced biology or other life science; astronomy, physical geology, or other earth or space science
- Social Studies – 3 credits, including Soc St I (World History), Soc St II (American History), and Soc St III (Govt/Econ)
- Health – ½ credit
- Phys. Ed. – ½ credit * See PE Waiver Policy. PE Waiver Form can be found here! Remember in order to receive a full waiver from PE, you must submit two waivers to the Main Office!
** Elective credits – 6 credits consisting of one or any combination of foreign language, fine arts, business, career tech, family and consumer sciences, technology, or English language arts, mathematics, science, or social studies not otherwise listed above.
All students must complete at least two semesters of fine arts taken any time in grades 7–12. Students following a career-technical pathway are exempted from the fine arts requirement.
Ohio Designed Seals - At least one of the two seals must be Ohio-designed
Local Defined Seals -
DIPLOMA OF SERVICE (For Classes of 2021 & 2022 only) - Students who are interested in earning the Diploma of Service for graduation must have all 50 hours documented and submitted to their school counselor by May 1 of their senior year. Forms can be scanned and emailed. The form for documenting these hours is below:
Diploma of Service Documentation Form