Students who are interested in earning the Diploma of Service for graduation must have all 50 hours documented and submitted to their school counselor by May 1 of their senior year. Forms can be scanned and emailed. The form for documenting these hours is below:
Diploma of Service Documentation Form
The Ohio Core Curriculum is the standard expectation for all students entering ninth grade for the first time on or after July 1, 2010. The Ohio Core graduation requirements take effect with the graduating class of 2014 and beyond.
|Class of 2014 and Beyond ||Number of Credits |
|English ||4 |
|Math ||4 |
|Science ||3 |
|Social Studies ||3 |
|Health ||1/2 |
|Physical Education/Health ||1/2 * |
|Electives ||7 ** |
|TOTAL CREDITS ||22 |
OHIO CORE CURRICULUM – Class of 2014 and beyond
- English – 4 credits, including Eng I, Eng II, Eng III, and Eng IV
- Math – 4 credits, which must include Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II or the equivalent of Algebra II
- Science – 3 credits, which must include 1 credit of physical sciences, 1 credit of biology, and 1 credit of advanced study in one or more of the following: chemistry, physics, or other physical science; advanced biology or other life science; astronomy, physical geology, or other earth or space science
- Social Studies – 3 credits, including Soc St I (World History), Soc St II (American History), and Soc St III (Govt/Econ)
- Health – ½ credit
- Phys. Ed. – ½ credit * See PE Waiver Policy
** Elective credits – 7 credits consisting of one or any combination of foreign language, fine arts, business, career tech, family and consumer sciences, technology, or English language arts, mathematics, science, or social studies not otherwise listed above.
All students must complete at least two semesters of fine arts taken any time in grades 7–12. Students following a career-technical pathway are exempted from the fine arts requirement.
Prepare for EOC exmas