Through the efforts of many generous donors, Vermilion High School is able to offer several local scholarship opportunities to VHS graduates. Scholarships will be awarded on Senior Awards Night, Thursday June 4, 2020 at 6:30 PM in the VHS auditorium.
3/13/20 Update from your counselors regarding your local scholarship applications:
** You will continue your applications as you did originally, however the following has changed:
* Checklist of Scholarships Student Wishes to Apply For- If you cannot print and scan at home, please follow the instructions below to be able to fill out this page.
Open the document Checklist of Scholarships that Student Wishes to Apply For (link below). Save the document to the desktop and save it titled as your own first and last name.
Open the file from your desktop, and at the top of the document, select "tools."
On the dropdown menu select "annotate."
On the new drop-down menu, click on "text."
A textbox will appear in the center of your document.
Click and drag textbox on the line as to which scholarship you are applying for and type an “x” on the line.
For the remaining scholarships for which you are applying, move the cursor to the next line and click by the scholarship number. It will create a new textbox where you will type an “x” on the line.
Please make sure that there is an “x” next to every scholarship that you intend on applying for.
If you need help with this- See Mrs. Habermehl's video explaining it here!
*An updated scholarship application will be active on this website by Monday, March 16th to include a fillable pdf activites sheet (which is the last page of the scholarship application).
*All scholarship applications, essays, EFC, are to be emailed to YOUR school couselor no later than March 20th @ 3:30pm.
Mrs. Habermehl (Last Names P-Z) [email protected]
**VHS staff members who are writing letters of recommendation will be emailing your letters to your counselors by March 20th.
Steps for completing the application:
**Your counselors also created a video to help walk you through each step. Check it out here!
- Open the
2020 Scholarship Application and the Activities / Sports Checklist and SAVE both fillable PDF forms to your desktop.
- From your desktop, open the downloaded Scholarship Application Form to type in your responses. This form included the activities checksheet!
- Open and Print the Local Scholarship Descriptions.
- Use the Checklist of Scholarships Student Wishes to Apply For and check mark which scholarships you are going to apply for.
- Check the 2020 REQUIRED essays and related materials needed document and print any essays and recommendation letters that are needed for particular scholarships that you are applying for. Remember to type your name at the top of each essay, the scholarship name and number for which the essay applies to.
- If you are applying for the Eugene & Ann Kropf Scholarship, check here for the additional income requirement.
- Please use this 2020 College and University Tuition List to answer your tuition cost question in your application.
- Use the How To Find My Expected Family Contribution (EFC) document to learn about how to find your EFC for your application and print this this page from your FAFSA Student Aid Report and attach to your scholarship application.
- The entire application packet must be emailed to your school counselor by March 20th at 3:30pm.
- Students who have questions or need assistance should visit the School Counseling office to see Mrs. Habermehl, Mrs. Fahr or Mr. Watson.
What needs to be turned in by March 20th @ 3:30pm:
1. Checklist of scholarships you are applying for
2. Completed scholarship application (including activities checksheet)
3. Any required essays
4. Any required letters of recommendation
5. A copy of your EFC.